Black Nonbelievers (BN) is a 501 c3 non-profit organization. Headquartered in the Atlanta area, we connect with other Blacks (and allies) who are living free of religion and might otherwise be shunned by family and friends in a caring, friendly, and informative environment. Instead of accepting dogma, we determine truth and morality through reason and evidence.
The mission of Black Nonbelievers is to:
• Provide secular fellowship.
• Nurture and support nonbelievers in “coming out” (ie, openly identification).
• Promote pride in the atheist/nonreligious identity.
• Organize members for charitable causes and a variety of events.
Black Nonbelievers welcomes all regardless of age, gender identity, sexual identity, national origin, and racial identity.
Black Nonbelievers can be found in the following cities (Click to find the one nearest you)
– Atlanta, GA
– Charlotte, NC
– Cincinnati, OH
– Columbus, OH
– Detroit, MI
– Louisville, KY
– Minneapolis, MN
– New Orleans, LA
– New York City, NY
– Orlando, FL
– Portland, OR
– Richmond, VA
– St. Louis, MO
– Washington, D.C.
Follow and subscribe to BN on social media!
Facebook: Black Nonbelievers
- Religion or Liberation: Black Atheists Say, Choose One!For Immediate Distribution Following a powerful “Black Family Discussion”, Black Nonbelievers has launched a billboard campaign aimed at encouraging the Black community to evaluate their religious beliefs as aiding and abetting White supremacy. The organization also charges that said beliefs are a hindrance to liberation from oppressive systems, which can derail progress for our communities.Continue reading “Religion or Liberation: Black Atheists Say, Choose One!”
- The heart of the work of Black Nonbelievers is resistance.The heart of the work of Black Nonbelievers is resistance. Resistance against religious privilege, as well as other systemic forms of injustice. Especially those which affect the Black community the most. Black Lives have ALWAYS mattered to US. In addition to the community support we provide for those who need it, we have always advocatedContinue reading “The heart of the work of Black Nonbelievers is resistance.”
- The results are in!BN chapters all around the country are still doing great things in their communities. The Secular Survey is just one big example of our leadership at the national level. Please support our work at https://bit.ly/BNsupport. —Mandisa ThomasFounder and President, Black Nonbelievers#BNChangesLives P.S. We depend on you as we support chapters all around the country. Please consider a gift to helpContinue reading “The results are in!”
We are excited about our 10th Anniversary, and we hope you are too! Be sure join us in New Orleans by starting here!!!
Women of Color Beyond Belief will be back and better than ever in 2021. Register here today!!!